|Is someone that you care about a victim of domestic or dating violence? Here are some things that YOU can do to help.
- Your friend’s first step to safety could be the assurance that s/he is not alone and that s/he is not crazy.
- Let your friend know that there are resources where s/he can get help.
- Be supportive, patient and respectful.
- Respect your friend’s confidentiality.
- Encourage your friend to develop a safety plan.
- Do NOT confront the abuser.
- Do NOT leave voicemails, send e-mails or leave brochures about abuse. Communication may be monitored.
Call our 24-hour a day hotline (706) 453-4017. We are here to help.